There's a good reason Sandra Bullock's super-hush-hush adoption of little Louis from New Orleans was such a well-kept secret. The Oscar winner had ''a strategic plan, the best security and help from some real pros,'' a major Bullock buddy revealed Wednesday.
( "Sunny made that necklace for him... to represent all the kids."Collapse )
There’s a good reason Sandra Bullock’s super-hush-hush adoption of little Louis from New Orleans was such a well-kept secret. The Oscar winner had ”a strategic plan, the best security and help from some real pros,” a major Bullock buddy revealed Wednesday.
”This was an operation that would have made the CIA proud,” quipped the source, adding that the actress actually was aided by a key player who had ”extensive experience with undercover government work.”
The source also indicated ”it was that little guy — sweet baby Louis — who is probably the main reason Sandy has been able to keep her sanity these past couple of months. The revelations about Jesse [James], her soon-to-be-ex-husband] nearly killed her. The one thing she treasures more than anything is loyalty. To have been dealt that betrayal was almost more than she could bear.”
• As for the 31/2month-old baby, ”He’s just perfect,” Bullock told People magazine, which broke the story and features the actress and tiny Louis on its latest cover.
• Another Bullock friend, who only learned about Louis late last week, said the adoption was a key reason James entered rehab. For him to be a part of Louis’ life, Bullock insisted he get help for his sexual addiction issues. In return, according to the agreements tied to the divorce filing Bullock initiated Friday in Austin, Texas, she also wants to remain involved in the lives of his three children from earlier marriages– especially little Sunny, to whom Bullock has become extremely attached over the past couple of years.
While the couple initially had filed to adopt Louis together, Bullock switched the final papers after learning of James’ cheating — and is proceeding with the process as a single mother.
• Her divorce filing states ”the marriage between petitioner and respondent has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities that destroys the legitimate ends of the marriage relationship and prevents any reasonable expectations of reconciliation.”
• As for James, he issued his own statement to People saying he has agreed to the divorce. “Sandy is the love of my life,” he said, “but considering the pain and devastation I have caused her, it would be selfish to not let her go.” James vowed to beat an unspecified “addiction” and “be the best father possible to my four children.”
• Adding more poignancy to the situation, Bullock reveals she and James began the adoption process four years ago, bringing the child who now will be known as Louis Bardo Bullock home in January.
”Due to all of the craziness tied to the Oscar nomination and the whole awards season process, Sandra and Jesse decided to keep this a deep, dark secret and out of the limelight until after the Academy Awards,” said another Bullock friend — who lives on the East Coast and is only now learning about the adoption.
”Sandy has always been great at keeping confidences — especially when it comes to other friends’ problems. This only proves how good she is at it!
She filed for divorce in Texas and Texas only allows spousal support to be granted if a couple has been for 10+ years. Sandra & Jesse were only married for 6.